Scholarship awards remain among the most important ways we encourage student success. They relieve financial burden, offer psychological support, and give validation to a very challenging endeavor. They change and improve lives.
Lucille Ball Ramirez, SBCC
Santa Barbara Beautiful’s Community Grant program supports and provides funds to local organizations and groups in their efforts to beautify and enhance our community.
Some of the projects supported by Santa Barbara Beautiful include: Public Art Program at the new Santa Barbara Airport terminal; Butterfly Demonstration Garden at Alice Keck Park Memorial Garden; Chumash Point Ethnobotanical Preserve; Safer walkway for Cold Spring School children; Tree Diversity Project; Re-landscape of historic Plaza Vera Cruz; Whale Watch at Arroyo Burro Beach; and East Beach Volleyball courts. View Grant recipients in our Showcase.
Apply today – or share this page with a deserving organization or project
- Grant applications are reviewed monthly
- Grant amounts currently range from $250 to $10,000
- Grants are awarded for a wide range of Education/Cultural Projects, Public Art, and Public Landscapes, and the multi-year SBCC Environmental Horticulture Scholarship.
- Public Art and Public Landscape projects must be visible / accessible to the public.
- Preference is given to projects receiving support from multiple sources
- Completed application form
- Cover Letter stating importance of project to proposing organization
- Project description
- Complete budget for project, including other funding sources
- Additional project information, such as specifications, blueprints, landscape designs, renderings, etc. (if applicable)
- Additional supporting materials (if applicable)